‘The weekend is the most precious time of the week. It’s your time to kick back, relax and enjoy yourself for 48 hours at the least…’
Not making the most of your weekend is not on – you need something to do and you need to fill your free time with all the things that make your soul sing.
The thing is, work is often so tiring for most people that planning for the weekend beyond collapsing in front of Netflix is often hard! The last thing that you want to think about is doing something beyond binge-watching The Office, and before you know it, the weekend has run away with you. So, we’ve put together a few suggestions of how you can spend your next weekend. With a little planning and foresight, you can make it a good one!
- Make Plans In Advance. Before you get to the weekend, make plans as to what you want to do while you’re off work. Make a note of everything and start laying out what your time will consist of. If you don’t plan, you will forget to be spontaneous.
- Book A Break. You don’t need two weeks all-inclusive to have a great holiday. You can book a weekend break with happycyclingholidays.com and still have an excellent time over two days. If you book it in advance, you can get sorted for sightseeing and spending money, and you can even rope in a few friends to come with you.
- Try Something New. Weekends often end up being routine. One minute you’re spending Sunday trying to get over the night before, and the next it’s your new day for cleaning and decluttering. Don’t let your weekends become so routine. Instead, set yourself a challenge to try something new every weekend. It can make a huge difference to your mental health and wellbeing when you set yourself a goal. Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there and do something different.
- Spend Time Outside. Whether you are cycling or you simply add in more walks to your weekend, you need to get outside. Sure, the weather may suck, but does it really matter? You need to get out of the office and into the sunshine while you’re in the workplace, so why not embrace it on the weekends?
- Start A Hobby. Are you always too tired for your fitness and health? Well, paying a personal trainer on the weekends will stop you from being too much of a couch potato. Instead, you’ll feel amazing and get leaner far faster – and all because you chose yourself. Your time off should involve things that you enjoy doing, and fitness could be your focus when you’re not in the office.
Your weekends are nuggets of time that you will never get back. Before you know it, you have too many yesterdays and not enough tomorrows. So don’t waste your own time! Reclaim your weekends and spend time enjoying what YOU love while you love it.